Vermicelli Kheer | Seviyan Kheer:
Vermicelli kheer recipe – rich aromatic and yummy can be the synonymous to it.
It is a popular dessert made in the Indian homes.
We Maharashtrians like it made in ghee and with milk reduced to almost half while cooking. This adds to the aroma and flavour to the vermicelli kheer recipe.
It is popularly known as payassam in South India. The Shirkurma made during Ramzan Eid is also a similar version to this recipe.
The mouth-watering, delicious looking dessert can be eaten warm and also can be served chilled.
You can make this special vermicelli kheer for Gudipadwa this year.
Scroll down, to know how to make vermicelli kheer with images.
If You are looking for more Sweet recipes then do check Maharashtrian Recipes Sweets
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
1) 1.5 Cups Broken vermicelli
2) 2 tbsp ghee
3) 500 ml Milk
4) 3 tbsp sugar
5) 4 Green Cardamom Powder
6) Chopped almonds
7) Chopped Cashew nuts
Heat ghee in a pan.
Add the vermicelli and fry till they becomes golden brown.
Pour the hot milk and let it come to a boil.
Simmer the heat and let the milk thicken.
Add sugar, chopped almonds, cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
Serve hot or cold.
How to make vermicelli kheer – Stepwise With
1) Heat ghee in a pan.
2) Add the vermicelli and fry till they becomes golden brown.
3) Pour the hot milk and let it come to a boil.
4) Simmer the heat and let the milk thicken.
5) Add sugar, chopped alomonds, cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
6) Serve hot or cold.
1. Refigerate if you want a thick consistency, after cooking.
2. It is advisable to make this dish in thick bottomed pan.
3. You can serve this dish hot as well as cold.