- The common cold and other illnesses cannot be cured by putting potatoes in your socks.
- There is no evidence from scientific studies or clinical trials that it is effective.
- On the other hand, eating potatoes may help strengthen your immune system and make it easier to fight off a cold or the flu.
When potatoes are cooked in their skins—whether by baking, steaming, or boiling—they retain the greatest nutrients.
Why do potatoes turn color when sick?
- Oxidation is the process that causes potatoes to change color; this change is not caused by bacteria or anything else of the kind.
- These so-called ″cures″ will virtually always be successful due to the fact that the majority of the time, illnesses such as colds will go away on their own within a few days.
- Consequently, a cold will almost always just go away on its own!
Consequently, there are a great deal of investigations.
Do you put slices of potato in your socks to sleep?
It might sound unusual to put slices of potato in your socks, but according to what other people have reported, the remedy actually works! Ivory soap placed beneath the mattress is another strange remedy that alleviates the symptoms of restless legs.