How long and at what temperature should T-Bone Steak be cooked on the grill? –
- Cook 1-1 1/2-inch T-Bone Steaks over medium-high heat on a gas (or charcoal) grill for approximately 6-7 minutes per side, turning once, for medium. When a thermometer is put into the thickest section of the meat without contacting the bone, the internal temperature of the flesh should be 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For medium-rare steaks, grill them for 4-5 minutes each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To cook t-bone steaks to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, grill them for 8 to 9 minutes per side.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
How long should T-bone steak be cooked on the grill?
Cooking Time – Most T-bone steaks require around 15-20 minutes on the grill to get a medium-rare doneness, plus an additional 5-10 minutes for resting. If you want your steak well-done, add 2 to 5 minutes of cooking time each doneness level (for instance, 20-25 minutes for medium). Additionally, thicker T-bone steaks may require a bit longer cooking time than the normal 1 12-inch pieces.
How to Grill a T-Bone Steak 1 Inch Thick –
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least forty minutes prior to cooking. Spray the meat with oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill during cooking. Then, remove the excess fat, leaving a 1/4-inch ribbon around the sides.
- Add a garlic rub: If you have raw garlic on hand, rub it on the bone to enhance the taste.
- Before placing your steak on the grill, ensure that it is as near to room temperature as possible. When the meat is chilled, it becomes tough. Set one side of the grill to high heat and the other to medium heat. Then, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the steak on the hot side of the grill and sear each side for approximately two minutes. Consider using tongs while turning meat to avoid puncturing it. Then, transfer the steak to the side with medium heat and continue cooking.
- If you want your steak medium rare, grill it for four to five minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees Fahrenheit. For medium doneness, grill it for six to seven minutes per side. To achieve a well-done steak, grill it for eight to ten minutes per side.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it to rest
- this will allow the fluids to seep into the flesh and increase the taste. Salt and pepper the dish liberally, or try a finishing salt. Sidoti suggests squeezing a little lemon over a freshly cooked T-bone.
How is a steak prepared on a grill?
Black pepper and garlic powder were ground. Transfer the steaks to the region of the grill with the highest heat. On each side, sear for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Flip with tongs and sear for a further 3 to 4 minutes on the other side. Utilize a digital thermometer to determine the temperature of the meat on both sides of the bone.