Aloo ka halwa or Potato Halwa is undoubtedly one of the easiest recipes made with the least ingredients. Ideally made during the festive season of Navratri when most people fast, this makes an excellent sweet tooth treat on normal days too. A quick fix for your sweet cravings, this is filled with the goodness of Potatoes that is loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Manganese. This easy quick aloo ka halwa is made with the most common ingredients in an Indian home – Potatoes & Sugar. Top it with some nuts and cardamom powder to add to its flavor.
So let’s get started with the Potato Halwa Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes,
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes,
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves for 3.
1) 4 Potatoes
2) 1/2 cup ghee
3) 1 Cup Sugar
5) Cashew Nuts
8) Cardamom Powder
Boil, peel and mash Potatoes.
On a medium flame, heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add the mashed potatoes.
Sauté it continuously for 15-20 minutes as it tends to stick to the bottom.
Once potatoes turn light yellow and ghee separates from it, add sugar, cardamom powder and dry fruits.
Keep cooking till the sugar dissolves and mix thoroughly..
Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
How to prepare Aloo ka halwa
1) Boil, peel and mash Potatoes.
2) On a medium flame heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add mashed potatoes.
3) Saute it continuously as it tends to stick to the bottom a little for 15-20 minutes.
4) once potatoes turn into light yellow color and ghee separated from it add sugar, cardamom powder and dry fruits.
5) Keep on cooking till the sugar is dissolved and mix completely.
6) Garnish with chopped dry fruits.