Recipe : dahi vada | dahi wada | dahi vada recipe | dahi vada recipes | dahi wada recipe | dahi wada recipes
Recipe of dahi vada | dahi wada :
Serves dahi vada | dahi wada :
Preparation Time for dahi vada | dahi wada :
Cooking Time for dahi vada | dahi wada :
Ingredients for dahi vada | dahi wada :
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- oil - for frying
- Thick curd - 2 cups
- thin curd - 2 cups
- Chilli powder - as required
- Salt, sugar - as required
- Jeera powder - as required
- Chaat masala - as required
- Coriander leaves
- sweet chutney
- green chutney
How To Make for dahi vada | dahi wada :
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours.
- Drain and grind it into a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours and then before making add salt and mix well.
- In oil deep fry big hand full of vadas.
- In a vessel take thin curd (thick curd with lots of water and beaten)
- Add salt and chaat masala and soak the vadas in this after you fry for around 1/2 hour.
- Then squeeze out the excess liquid and keep the vadas arranged in a tray.
- Add salt and sugar in thick curds, beat well and put this curd mixture on top till it covers all the vadas.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, jeera powder and chaat masala on top.
- Then add sweet chutney and green chutney on top as per your taste.
- Lastly add coriander leaves on top and keep refrigerated for some time.
Tips for dahi vada | dahi wada :
- Optionally you can also make stuffing of vegetables, raisins and cashew nuts chopped fine inside the vadas before frying.